Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oregon Delight, or Aplets


This was, quite possibly, the weirdest thing I've ever made. Do you like Turkish Delight? I do. Especially one flavored with bergamot and dotted with pistachios. This is called Oregon Delight, or Aplets. It's made with apple cider and cashews. I used a vegan jel because it was all I had. The recipe called for gelatin, which I think would have been better to use and will use in the future. And I think I put too many nuts in. This is a re-occurring problem of mine. I always think: more nuts? It's got to be better!

All in all, it's a tasty little candy and I'll make it again. There is something about the jelling process that fascinates me. I'm not sure why this particular transformation thrills me so, but it's harmless enough. Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment