Friday, October 2, 2009

Cheerio Chocolate Chip Cookies


These were called "Moon Baubles" on the box of cereal. That would be the ShopRite brand of Cheerios. I sort of feel like that's a stupid name, and also, that Cheerios is one of those brand names that have passed over into the lexicon, like, say, BandAids, have. I guess you could call them O's like many folks do, but you know, whatever, they're Cheerios.

Cream together a softened stick of butter with 1 cup of vanilla sugar. (Or use regular sugar and add vanilla, I don't care.)

Then add an egg. Then add a mixture of 1 cup of flour, 1 tsp. of baking powder.

Then add your favorite brand of O's--2 1/2 cups full and a half cup of chocolate chips. I found it a bit stiff so I added some milk, about a 1/4 cup.

Drop rounded tablespoons onto a "prepared" baking tray. (Figure it out, I guess it means greased.) Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool a minute then transfer to baking rack.

Not rocket science. Just chocolate chip cookies with cereal in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment