Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rivers, Train Tracks, Milkweed, and Cider Jelly Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Inspired by A Chicken In Every Granny Cart, who takes beautiful, contemplative walks, I decided to post a walk I took today. Today was unexpectedly gorgeous, at least the morning part, and we started it off right with a stroll down by the river. That would be the mighty Hudson.
The lighting was just perfect at eight a.m.


Later in the day, I had the luxury of taking a walk by myself. I decided to go down by the train tracks because I can't go there with the baby, and I love the train tracks. (P.S. It's also hunting season and you can't be too careful.)

Water was bubbling everywhere.

I am always drawn to train tracks. Good thing I live near by some.

I'm also endlessly fascinated by milkweed.


After two walks, stacking wood, and caring for the baby after a bad night of sleep, I settled on an easy dinner, so there's nothing special about the meal, no recipe needed. It just looked really good, and tasted better: sweet potatoes mashed with yogurt, plain old peas, and pork tenderloin that was lifted by an application of my apple cider cardamom jelly. I will admit that I ran my finger several times through the pan to get every last bit of that syrupy glaze.

4 comments:

  1. I love milkweed to! It's so pretty when it blows in the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored to have inspired such a nice walk! What amazing light. Sometimes I feel like I should get up earlier ... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you came along, Ann! Thanks for the inspiration. I love walks, and it was a lot of fun to post one of my own. Looking forward to your next walk...

    (Btw, I'd probably sleep a little later if it was up to me!)

    ReplyDelete